Setting gateway

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Dec 7 20:48:24 GMT 2007

mikea a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 11:46:02AM -0800, Scott Silva wrote:
>

>> The best solution is to check the incoming mails for a valid destination,
>> and drop those that are non-existent. If you blindly accept everything, you
>> are now responsible to figure out how to pick out the typos from the
>> forgeries, or never notify the people with the typos that their mail didn't
>> go through. Because if you bounce all the bad recipients, you will get
>> blacklisted. It is just a matter of time.
>>

> I certainly can't argue. Got a sendmail ruleset to share? I've got
> LDAP access and would _love_ to use it profitably, and I'll bet a
> *good* (beer|ale|porter|stout) I'm far from the only one.

Mike,

This is what we do in sendmail.mc:
define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC', `-h "name.of.ldap.server" -d
uid=name-of-ldap-user,ou=your-ou,dc=your-dc -b dc=your-dc -M simple -s
sub')dnl
FEATURE(`ldap_routing')dnl
LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN(`your.domain')dnl

and in access: