Recommended spam.lists and/or sendmail dnsbl settings?

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 19:19:17 GMT 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 5:17 PM, Johnny Stork <stork at openenterprise.ca> wrote:
> I used to have
>
> Spam List = spamhaus-ZEN spamhaus.org spamcop.net
>
> Also, from what I understand, adding the DNSBL to sendmail will block
> mail without passing into MS, and setting/using them in MS and NOT
> sendmail will score and tag offending mail.

If you use RBL:s in MS you will not score mail, that can only be done
in SA, there's however this option: "Spam Lists To Be Spam". If you
use several RBL:s like above you can set how many are needed for a
message to be blocked, note that MS RBL:s will always override the SA
score.

> Can someone suggest an optimal combination of sendmail dnsbl and MS
> "Spam List=" settings? Should I use both? or just one based on whether I
> want to block/tag SPAM?

Use RBL:s only in SA if you want the most accurate spam protection. If
you have performance problems you can block with Sendmail too.

--
/peter