Heavy increase in spam influx this week?

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Fri Aug 31 09:34:24 IST 2007

For me the number of spams received has dropped a little this week. Last
week zen was rejecting about 7000 per day and this week it is just over
6000.

However last night our postfix mta did reach the maximum concurrent
connections (50) from one particular IP address and  we hit the maximum
process count (100) once for a very brief time.

It wasn't a DOS attack but seemed to be a spam bot having problems as
the connection rate was not that high.

I have dropped the maximum concurrent connections significantly which
should stop the process count going so high again in future.