--lint with AutoCommit errors

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 10:18:35 IST 2007

On 16/08/07, Michael Mansour <micoots at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On two of my mail servers, when I do a MailScanner --lint at the very bottom
> I get:
>
> commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm
> line 96, <CLIENT> line 1.
> Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm
> line 96, <CLIENT> line 1.
>
> I'm using mailscanner-4.62.9-2 and mailwatch 1.0.3.
>
> Any ideas how I can trouble-shoot and fix this issue?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michael.

You have auto-commit turned on for MySQL, which will automatically
commit every transaction.
To be safe, everyone doesn't have it on, there are appropriate commits
after the insert of new log entries in MailWatch.pm ... Which will be
reported (more as a warning, if this wasn't "by design") ...
It is completely harmless, just ignore it.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn