--lint of filename rules filetype rules

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 02:39:54 IST 2007

Hi,

I noticed in my logwatch reports that I had errors like:

     Cannot open filename-rules file /etc/MailScanner/domain.com.au.filename.rules.conf, skipping#012#000: 7 Time(s)
     Cannot open filename-rules file /etc/MailScanner/domain.com.au.filetype.rules.conf, skipping#012#000: 7 Time(s)
These files are of course referenced through their equivalent /etc/Mailscanner/rules/filename.rules and /etc/Mailscanner/rules/filetype.rules files, but because they are not existent I didn't know until the logwatch report.

A "MailScanner --lint" doesn't pickup these errors, yet I think it should.

I'm using mailscanner 4.62.9-2.

Thanks.

Michael.