Performance between SpamAssassin 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 and 3.2.3

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Wed Aug 15 18:45:14 IST 2007

On 8/15/2007 7:08 PM, Gareth wrote:
> [...]

Guys

look into all the RBL/DNSB tests wich are enabled by default and start
disabling the ones you don't really need by setting the score to 0 in a
custom.cf file in /etc/mail/spamassassin.

I presume some of these lookups are happening on sites with few mirrors
and/or low capacity/overlaoded servers and depending on what side of
what pond you are, delay may be more or less noticeable.

Net lag can be deadly in processing speed, even with a local caching DNS.

Check thoroughly what each lookup does and evaluate

h2h

Alex