Performance between SpamAssassin 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 and 3.2.3

Leland J. Steinke steinkel at pa.net
Tue Aug 14 21:18:04 IST 2007

Randal, Phil wrote:
> I'm getting very slow DNS lookups from combined-HIB.dnsiplists.completewhois.com.
>
> That might be a factor.
>
> Does using
>
> score __RCVD_IN_WHOIS 0
> score RCVD_IN_WHOIS_INVALID 0
> score URIBL_COMPLETEWHOIS 0
>
> solve the performance problem?

Much to my recent regret, I have avoided subscribing to any spamassassin
support lists, opting instead to let all of you more adventurous types
work out the bugs while I just implement what is recommended on the MS
list.  Would information such as the above be on the SA users list?  Is
there a FAQ with known "gotchas" with running SA (3.2.2 in our case),
where this is listed?  How in Perdition do you track that
"combined-HIB.dnsiplists.completewhois.com." is slow?

And it's only Tuesday!

thanks,
Leland