How to manually test an email?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Aug 14 14:29:33 IST 2007

Paul @ firespam wrote on Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:17:18 +0100:

> 1) In order for my bayes database to work properly do I need to
> regularly manually train it? I was under the impression this was an
> automated process.

How much tokens do you have in your Bayes db? autolearn is done if the
score reaches a certain threshold. With the low score you achieved it
won't be learned. Use additional rulesets. You should train Bayes manually
when you start a new db. My personal feeling is it should have seen at
least 10.000 messages before you can stop that. After that autolearn takes
care as long as you achieve high and accurate enough results. 90% or more
of the spam we detect is high-scoring.

> 2) Why are no RBL checks being reported on? I have setup spamassasin to
> skip RBL checks, but MailScanner is set to use a few RBLs. Does this
> mean that the RBLs are not being checked at all?

You ran spamassassin on the command line, right? No MS there ;-)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany