How to manually test an email?

paul at firespam paul at firespam.com
Tue Aug 14 14:17:18 IST 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 14:08 +0100, Gareth wrote:
> This is what I got :-
> ...<snip>

I have just upgraded my MailScanner + SpamAssassin to the latest
versions and now get this:

 pts rule name              description
 0.1 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to trusted network by a host with
no rDNS
 2.5 FRT_PRICE              BODY: ReplaceTags: Price
 3.6 FRT_SYMBOL             BODY: ReplaceTags: Symbol
 1.4 TVD_FUZZY_SYMBOL       BODY: TVD_FUZZY_SYMBOL
 0.0 HS_INDEX_PARAM         URI: Link contains a common tracker pattern.

Which is obviously much better and closer to your results although I
still have a few questions...

1) In order for my bayes database to work properly do I need to
regularly manually train it? I was under the impression this was an
automated process.

2) Why are no RBL checks being reported on? I have setup spamassasin to
skip RBL checks, but MailScanner is set to use a few RBLs. Does this
mean that the RBLs are not being checked at all?

Thanks,

Paul

--
This message has been scanned for spam, viruses and phishing attempts by firespam.com