Yum/RPM install

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Mon Aug 13 17:47:11 IST 2007

Installing perl modules via CPAN can be a pain too.

I've taken a pragmatic approach here on our new MailScanner boxes, which
is to:

1: Use Julian's installers for ClamAV/SA and MailScanner

2: Install additional perl modules (e.g. perl-Mail-DKIM, etc) from the
rpmforge yum repository

So far I haven't had to use CPAN to install any required modules.  This
makes maintenance so much easier, and helps ensure that any security
vulnerabilites get dealt with in a timely manner (either via yum or
Julian's updated tarballs).

Cheers,

Phil

--