[Fwd: Re: Spamhaus issues? (fwd)]

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 11:48:12 IST 2007

On 13/08/07, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Peter Nitschke wrote:
> > Julian,
> >
> > You made my day!
> >
> > As a long time MS user (over 5 years), the list became a bit too unfriendly
> > for my liking.
> >
> I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like I wasn't the only one who had had
> enough of him.
> > I look forward to enjoying and participating more.
> >
> Glad to hear it! That's what this list is for! :-)
>
> Jules.

Well.... I will speak to Noels defense.
Yes, he is opinionated, and yes, he is stubborn... and very very
drastic in his expressions.
I have not been following this thread in any greater detail, since it
stopped being interresting a while back.

But he has on several occasions contributed his knowledge in
constructive ways... And if you only scratch lightly on the surface,
he is a very caring and kind person.
My views are doubtless coloured by the helping hand he has reached out
to me recently, when I most needed a kind word from a friend, but ...
Is it really OK to gang up on him like you do now?
To act out on the suggestion to evict him from the list is quite OK by
me, and indeed by him as well, Jules. Even talking about it could've
been OK. But I think you've come very close to a line here, almost ...
gloating ... over the act.

I do know (and have been know to agree vocally) that his language can
be more than what is acceptable. That is not my point.
I'm just saying we seem to have changed one (in my view minor) evil
for another (that I, with my background and "old luggage" find very
hard to accept... After all, it's bordering on mobbing).

I'm not saying that anyone else of the participants of the thread
should be "punished". Just that you all should remember that it is
people at the other end.

Respectfully yours
--
-- Glenn