Spamhaus issues?

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Aug 10 22:54:58 IST 2007

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> Res wrote on Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:37:04 +1000 (EST):
>
>> Thats there decision, I dont have to use SORBS's dynamic if I dont want
>> to, but I choose to do so, because no dynamic user has any need to be
>> running a mail server AFAIC.
>
> That's not the point. These hosts are *by definition* not on CBL, they do
> not list by technical criteria but by reported abuse. You claimed "They
> dont have a good hit ratio". Claiming something like that is simply

*sigh*

It *IS* the point, they care not on CBL as you state they dont do
dynamics, the IP's are * N O T * dynamic! Who the hell ever said they
were I'll never know, probably your presumption, dont try to tell me
what I do and do not have in my logs, dont try to teach me how to use
RBL's since I was involved with MAPS in its early days, and I will claim
it has a useless hit rate if the major RBLs I use list those spamming gits
and your favourite CBL does not, as they say "the evidence speaks for
itself".

--

Cheers
Res