OT (like most things here anyway) BIND8 EOL

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 13:38:49 IST 2007

On 10/08/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Res spake the following on 8/9/2007 4:33 PM:
> >
> > whereas BIND9 is now 8 years old,
> > and BIND9 is performance-competitive against BIND8,
> > and BIND9 conforms to more of the DNS protocol than BIND8,
> > and BIND9 is more secure and more portable than BIND8,
> > we are declaring BIND8 to be in "end of life" (like BIND4).
> >

> > posted here because I know many of you by your own admission have bad
> > habits of not updating software.
> >
> I bet there is still a lot of bind4 installs running around the world!
>
> But not here.
>
> So bind9 is 8 years old? Bind10 should be just around the end of the decade
> somewhere.

Thanks Noel, I imagine though that those who need read that... Might
not be reading this list at all:-).

And thanks both of you for the laugh. (I need all the positive
thinking I can grasp at ATM, finding myself in somewhat of a
quagmire... One that more work can't, for once, can't cure...
Emotions, who needs them, eh:-)

> MailScanner is like deodorant...
> You hope everybody uses it, and
> you notice quickly if they don't!!!!

Still my #1 favorite sig:)

--
-- Glenn (who would've put this reply off-list, if only Res would've
accepted that... He doesn't, so blame him:-):-)