Spamhaus issues?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Aug 9 16:31:16 IST 2007

Res wrote on Thu, 9 Aug 2007 22:19:15 +1000 (EST):

> They dont have a good hit ratio, I've just just grabed the last 8 blocked
> IPs by RBL's and cbl only lists 1 of them, where as njabl, spamcop and
> sorbs all listed all those 8 IP's

That doesn't mean anything. The three lists you mention are aggregated lists
by various criteria. For instance that IP might have been on SORBS because
it's dynamic. And it will stay there no matter if the mail coming from there
is spam or ham. CBL doesn't include dynamic IP space because it is dynamic
IP space.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany