PATCH SweepViruses.pm - clamavmodule false positives - A PLEA!

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 08:05:59 IST 2007

Julian

If you do release a new version of 4.62.9 to fix this I would be
grateful if you could also make available a copy of the updated
SweepViruses.pm file.

I have just finished upgrading 12 mail gateways to 4.62.9-2 and SA 3.2.2
and cannot afford to go through the whole process of installing MS again
so soon. If it is just a single *.pm that needs replacing then that is
easy enough.

How serious is this 'false positive' problem? Is it correct that I can
avoid the bug by setting "ClamAV Full Message Scan = no" and do I lose
much by doing that?

Thanks

Quentin