MailScanner --lint error--SOLVED

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Aug 2 22:57:50 IST 2007

Scott Silva spake the following on 8/2/2007 2:08 PM:
> I am getting the following error on my boxes;
> ERROR: The "envelope_sender_header" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> ERROR: is not correct, it should match X-BlaBla-MailScanner-From
>
> But I have the exact text it is looking for in spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> Obviously BlaBla is not the organization name.
> I tried with an = between envelope_sender_header and the header text and
> without the =.
> I only changed it because it recommended I have %orgname% in the envelope from
> and to headers.
> So it is nagging me to change it, and then complains when I do. Did I suddenly
> get married this thing?

I found the problem -- there can be only 1 space between
envelope_sender_header and the header text. I had 2 spaces and the parser must
think the extra space is part of the header text.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and