4.62.9-1 & MailScanner --lint [FIXED - but why?]

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 09:56:29 IST 2007

On 02/08/07, Quentin Campbell <Q.G.Campbell at newcastle.ac.uk> wrote:
(snip)
>  DatabaseDirectory /usr/local/share/clamav
This is the default location, so you need only comment out the one you had.

> Alternately I can make /usr/local/share/clamav a link to
> /usr/local/clamav (or vice versa). What is best?
Just check that freshclam (after your changes to the conf file) update
the default location and you'll be fine. Remember to amend the
loaction in MailScanner.conf too (if you use clamavmodule).

> Had I missed and important documented step when I swapped from using
> 'clamscan' to using 'clamavmodule'? If so I cannot find it!
Don't think so. Most never bother to change the defaults (what would
be the point, unless you are a packaging fascist at some distro
maker...:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn