New Stable Release, Clamd and Postfix?

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 15:02:06 IST 2007

My MailScanner box runs quite nicely running the previous stable version
4.58.9.

I'm suffering from the slow clamscan performance issue, and noticed the
new stable release supports clamd (which I'm running).

Having looked at the manual it appears it should simply be a case of run
the installer script, then use upgrade_MailScanner_conf to update
MailScanner.conf with the new settings.

Not having ever upgraded MailScanner before, I'd sooner ask the question
than get caught out - is this all there is to it (barring something
totally unforeseen happening)?

Also as I run Postfix I have my MailScanner set to run as user "postfix"
as per the docs.  Will this cause me a problem (or can someone point me
where to go to RTFM?)

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Hutchings
Network Administrator, MIRA Ltd.
Tel: 44 (0)24 7635 5378
Fax: 44 (0)24 7635 8378
mailto:paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk

--
MIRA Ltd.

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England.

Registered in England No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.
You should not copy, forward or otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.