Announcement: New beta 4.59.2 released

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Apr 30 09:30:40 IST 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Res wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
>>  On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Res wrote:
>>
>> >  By the way your lagging way behind in a survey I been running for a week
>> >  or so :) postmix only has 1 more user than exchange :D I guess that sums
>> >  it all up doesnt it muwhahahaha
>>
>>  I guess it is almost as representative as walking into a pub in Manchester
>>  and holding a poll on their favorite football club.
>
> It was thrown about, and decided on an Australian network admin mailing list
> that we should have a quick tally, I was asked to host it, but I guess if you
> want to liken all of Australia to a Manchester pub, then you're
> probably right :) afterall the list has only about 900 members and I'm damn
> sure that represents about 0.00001% of network admins in this country.
>
> Most the guys and gals on that list are sendmail and qmail users, though the
> fact some of them admit to using exchange is scarey, I suspect (hope)
> they are more the small private company folk and not from the more well known
> ones, though there are a couple of federal govt techs on there, and we all
> know how govts love m$.

The main thing is that .gov likes to play blame games. And how do you
blame a company if there is no company but just a bunch of people doing as
good a job as any company but without a target they can blame if anything
goes wrong. And many of the .com's are just as bad in this blame game.

More important then being Australian is the fact that it is a mailinglist.
Mailinglist people are not your average group.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)