Disable virus checks for high spam

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:05:06 IST 2007

On 27/04/07, Kapetanakis Giannis <bilias at edu.physics.uoc.gr> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is such an option
> or a way someone could perform such a tactic (order)
> in MailScanner.
>
> Searching in the conf file didn't ring any bell.
>
> I believe most of us do not deliver high spam,
> and either store it or delete it.
>
> We could save a lot of system resources
> if we didn't scan for virus the mails that are tagged
> as high spam.
>
> They could be scanned later incase they are released
> from quarantine.
>
> Giannis

Eh, not scanning things destined for the quarantine is the default.
You need have set "Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean = yes", or deliver
the message somewhere (perhaps a "forward spam-archive at some.whe.re" in
"High Scoring Spam Actions") for it to actually scan things...
I truly see no problem here, apart from your local configuration... perhaps:-).
Then again, I might be wrong:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn