Fast Dual Core or slower Quad Core..?

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 09:59:20 IST 2007

For the Dual Core I'd likely be looking at one of these "as is" plus a
couple of 10k SAS drives:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm/WF06b/521-525-358263-358263-1208
3449-12569852-78138665.html

I'm sure Quad Core is total overkill, and of course the machine is
twin-socket so can always have a second CPU added.

The thing needs to last three years minimum that's all, hence the query
as I have no idea of Linux/MailScanner/Clam "roadmaps" assuming
MailScanner remains the ideal tool for the job.

Paul Hutchings
Network Administrator, MIRA Ltd.
Tel: 44 (0)24 7635 5378
Fax: 44 (0)24 7635 8378