Fast Dual Core or slower Quad Core..?

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 08:33:10 IST 2007

As subject, I'm speccing up a box and am now looking at the DL360 G5
range.

Given the box should only be running OpenSuse/Postfix/MailScanner with
ClamAV and SpamAssassin would people suggest a faster dual core CPU i.e.
2.3Ghz or a slower Quad Core CPU i.e. 1.6Ghz?

I'm not familiar enough with how linux and the applications mentioned
interact to know which would be of the most use and why.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Hutchings
Network Administrator, MIRA Ltd.
Tel: 44 (0)24 7635 5378
Fax: 44 (0)24 7635 8378
mailto:paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk

--
MIRA Ltd.

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England.

Registered in England No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.
You should not copy, forward or otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.