Coming from everywhere

James R. Stevens jstevens at athensdistributing.com
Tue Apr 24 21:49:17 IST 2007

Ok, I've been working on this for a few days and keep getting build errors on libsnert.
Trying to install Libsnert1.63 and milter-null.
Working with RedHat 9 box and RH ES and get the same issue when issue 'make build' of libsnert...
sendmail-8.12.8-9.90 which I understand already has libmilter compiled.

cli->/usr/sbin/sendmail -d0.1 -bv root | grep MILTER

returns

MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NETINET NETINET6

After configure (No options) of libsnert I get this this after make build...Anyone hve clear directions to install milters on RH 9 and RHES?

gcc -I/usr/include/db4 -I/usr/local/org/sqlite/include -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -I./../../include  -L/usr/local/org/sqlite/lib -L./../../lib  -o smtpout smtpout.c -lsnert -lpthread -ldl
./../../lib/libsnert.a(socket2.o)(.text+0x3ee): In function `socketAddressCreate':
: undefined reference to `VectorGet'
..
[Snipit]
..
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [smtpout] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/com/snert/src/tools'