Deleting detected spam for some addresses only

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Apr 24 20:06:15 IST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Steen" <glenn.steen at gmail.com>
To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: Deleting detected spam for some addresses only

> On 24/04/07, Ed Bruce <edwardbruce at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> Glenn Steen wrote:
> (snip)
>> > MailScanner --value=highscoringspamactions --from=glenn.steen at ap1.se
>> > --to=some at add.res --ip=127.0.0.1
>> > Looked up internal option name "highscorespamactions"
>> > With sender = glenn.steen at ap1.se
>> >  recipient = some at add.res
>> > Client IP = 127.0.0.1
>> > Virus =
>> > Result is "store delete"
>> > .... you get the picture:-).
>> > When you've got it right, just reload/restart MailScanner...
>> >
>> > Cheers
>>
>> Interesting. What values are valid with "--value" ???
>
> Everything in the MailScanner.conf file that is a valid lval,
> basically. That is: Any option in that file... just lowercase
> (optional, I think) and runtogether (no whitespace) and you're set.
> You can also use the internal shorthand from ConfigDefs.pl ... Use
> "MailScanner --help" to get some more ideas (supply a virus name or
> somesuch and see what happens ...).
>
> Cheers
> --
> -- Glenn
Glenn,

Can you explain this a little more?  All I seem to get is "store delete" for
any options. I have an IP in my spam.whitelist.rules.conf and used it
as --ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx along with the --value=highscoringspamactions
thinking I should have received something other than store, delete.

Call me confused.

Thanks.

Steve