Upgrade to clamav 0.90.2 makes scanning extremely slow

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 17:27:21 IST 2007

Newbie talking so feel free to shoot me down in flames :-)

My understanding (from clamscan --debug) is that each time you run clamscan it appears it has to read the virus patterns, unpack them (to /tmp), scan the files, remove the files.

This is the "probably talking out my bum" bit, but that sounds less efficient than clamd where (I assume) the daemon loads the definitions once and each child process doesn't have to do this?

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Hutchings
Network Administrator, MIRA Ltd.