Forwarding x unscanned messages / slow scanning

Matthias Kellermann mkellermann at net-com.de
Fri Apr 20 12:46:58 IST 2007

Thanks Martin.

Some facts about the machine:

1 x Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz
2GByte RAM

Timing cached reads:   2168 MB in  1.99 seconds = 1092.10 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads:   94 MB in  3.00 seconds =  31.32 MB/sec

OS: Debian Etch

Here are a few things I've already done to speed things up:
- using a ramdisk for the MS working directory
- setting the clamav & spamassassin timeouts lower
- lowered the max. MS processes to 3

The DNS server I use is on the same network. Perhaps I'll try to use a
local caching DNS though.

Just wondering why MS is so slow about the messages that I defined in
the scan.messages.rules not to be scanned. Any ideas?

Best Regards
Matthias