Upgrade to clamav 0.90.2 makes scanning extremely slow

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:00:06 IST 2007

On 19/04/07, Jeremy Blonde <JeremyBlonde at grant.k12.ca.us> wrote:
> [...]
I saw clamscan linger at 99% CPU after doing a "copy over&ldconfig"
type of source install. Stopped MS, cleaned /usr/local/* (except etc)
out manually (well, all the clamav files, including the
/usr/local/share/clamav directory (where updates live)), redid the
"make install", ran a freshclam... and now see more normal behaviour.
Since I run clamscan (not Mail::ClamAV) I needn't have bothered with
the ldconfig/forced rebuild of Mail::ClamAV, but who knows... somesay
I might change over to that, and by then will have forgotten every
little bit of the possible issues of not relinking to the correct lib
file:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn