Reports for different domains

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Mon Apr 16 07:45:43 IST 2007

Michael Mansour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup different reports for different domains.
>
> Looking in MailScanenr.conf I see:
>
> # Set where to find the message text sent to users when one of their
> # attachments has been deleted from a message.
> # These can also be the filenames of rulesets.
> Deleted Bad Content Message Report =
> %report-dir%/deleted.content.message.txt
> Deleted Bad Filename Message Report =
> %report-dir%/deleted.filename.message.txt
> Deleted Virus Message Report = %report-dir%/deleted.virus.message.txt
> Deleted Size Message Report = %report-dir%/deleted.size.message.txt
>
> so it seems with rulesets I may be able to do what I want.
>
> I use many rulesets and have been for years, so understanding them is
> not a problem, I'm just trying to figure out how I could setup a ruleset
> for the above to use one report file for one domain and another report
> file for another domain.
>
> Then of course, the default report files to use when not specifically
> defined.

on these lines.. in MailScanner.conf
Deleted Bad Content Message Report =
%rules-dir%/deleted.bad.content.message.report.rules

In %rules-dir%/deleted.bad.content.message.report.rules

FromOrTo:	domain1.tld
%report-dir%/deleted.bad.content.message.report.domain1.tld.txt
FromOrTo:	domain2.tld
%report-dir%/deleted.bad.content.message.report.domain2.tld.txt
.
.
FromOrTO:	default	%report-dir%/deleted.content.message.txt