SMTP AUTH and skipping MailScanner Spam checks.

Jim Barber jim.barber at ddihealth.com
Mon Apr 16 06:07:52 IST 2007

Hi all.

I've gone through the mailing list archives and I've seen this question posted a few times but not answered in a way that works for me.
I have MailScanner running with an Exim set up.
There is an incoming Exim queue which MailScanner then works from and places scanned messages into an outgoing Exim queue.
I can't use Exim rules to skip MailScanner tests since Exim is unaware of MailScanner's involvement with email delivery.

I want a way to completely skip the MailScanner spam checks for messages that have been sent via authenticated users.
All of the answers I have seen, talk about writing SpamAssassin rules to change the score.
However I have the following options set in my MailScanner.conf file:

	Spam Lists To Be Spam = 1
	Spam Lists To Reach High Score = 2

I don't want to slacken these off since I have found them to be very effective so far at blocking spam.
The checks above are independent of the SpamAssassin scores, so even if a low score comes out of SpamAssassin, if the message was on a DNS block list, it'll be tagged as Spam, and if it's on two or more it will be quarantined.
So SpamAssassin rules aren't useful in this scenario.
For an authenticated user that has connected from a Dynamic IP address assigned by an ISP, I don't want these DNS block list checks to be performed.
Is there a way?

Regards,