Problems with Calamvmodule

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Thu Apr 12 11:46:16 IST 2007

On Thu, April 12, 2007 10:31, ram wrote:
> Same problem here.
> I changed my MailScanner.conf line to
>
> Monitors for ClamAV Updates = /var/lib/clamav/daily.inc/*
> Just check the directory in freshclam.conf and update your mailscanner
>
> I still dont know if this is the right thing to do

That's fine except that if any of the files in *.inc become corrupt then
freshclam will download a complete .cvd file into /var/lib/clamav and
delete the corrupt *.inc directory and MS will complain again.

Just add along side that entry above /var/lib/clamav/*.cvd with a space
between the two lines and it should work fine. Mine has been ok now for
~30 hours now and has restarted the MS children on update with no problem.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ