Whitelisting Problem

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Thu Apr 12 10:53:15 IST 2007

On Thursday April 12, 2007 at 03:27:09 (AM) --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:

> I am having a problem with Whitelisting our internal emails that pass
> through MailScanner. The configuration of MailScanner is Postfix MTA on
> Port 25 performing numerous SPAM checks, the emails are then passed
> through to a second Postfix instance on port 10026 which performs the
> hold operation so that MailScanner can process the emails. I have added
> our internal IP addresses to spam.whitelist.rules but when a internal
> email is relayed through it does not get W/L. I believe that this is
> because MailScanner looks at the final relay IP which will be 127.0.0.1
> which is the second Postfix instance. If I W/L everything from 127.0.0.1
> then all the SPAM will get through aswell :( Any ideas ?

Why are you using two instances of Postfix? That seems excessive from
what you have described. In any case, you should not attempt to bounce
any mail from the second instance of postfix since it has all ready been
accepted by the first instance. All scanning of mail should be performed
by the primary MTA.

--
Gerard