Feature Request

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Apr 12 00:33:27 IST 2007

Jay Chandler spake the following on 4/11/2007 4:11 PM:
> Recently had a user account become compromised and start spewing spam.
>
> Is there any functionality within MailScanner that can alert me once one
> user sends more than a predefined number of messages in a given time
> period?  If not, I'd dearly love to see this implemented...

Yes... scan incoming and outgoing messages!
This is the precise reason I do this. Scan everything, and allow no smtp
traffic to leave the site except from the MX's.
The little bit of overhead to scan the traffic is better than the blacklisting
you might get from spewing spam.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and