problem with umlauts in signature

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Apr 5 18:50:31 IST 2007

Hans Klose a écrit :
> Hi
>
> i have a problem with german umlauts like "ü" in the singnatures of mails.
> my locale settings are
>
> de_DE.UTF-8
>
> What can i make to fix my problem? Sometimes they are ok and sometimes
> they are not. It seems to depending on the client who sends the mail but
> I'm not sure.
>
> Who knows the answere?
>
> Thanks!

Hans,

Same problem here with French characters.  Had to stop using the sig
option because of that.  The sig is just appended to the email body and
thus inherits its encoding.  It it happens to be the same as yours,
you're OK, otherwise you're not...

Denis

--
   _