I'm back at home

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Tue Apr 3 21:10:41 IST 2007

On 3 Apr 2007, at 18:27, Julian Field wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I spent 2 1/2 weeks unconscious in intensive care with 10 monitors, 9
> tubes, a ventilator, 2 nurses and a technician looking after just
> me, 24
> hours a day. They finally brought me round when I was well enough,
> and I
> then spent the next 2 weeks learning how breathe, talk, use my hands,
> walk and all the necessary stuff like that.

Scary stuff!

> So I am now back at home, and have my parents living in my house
> with me
> helping to look after me. We are all getting on fine, and life
> would be
> really hard if they weren't here. They have fixed everything and
> cleared
> out all my old junk that I don't want any more, so I now have a nice
> tidy house again with plenty of spare space. I won't be able to find
> anything for a while, but it's really nice to have everything neat and
> tidy again :-)

Parents are great things. Often over looked occasionally undervalued
but  _always_  there when you need them!

> It's going to be a fair while before I'm up to doing anything to do
> with
> MailScanner.

Not a problem for anyone I am sure. We can manage.

> So I'm still alive, though it was very touch and go for the first 10
> days, and more or less back in the land of the living. Don't expect
> any
> more than the odd health update for a while yet though :-)

It is truly great to hear from you. When Tim broke the news several
weeks ago I think it is true to say that hundreds if not thousands of
people were shocked and distressed to hear of your plight. I am sure
these same people will be delighted that their well wishes, in what
ever accent, language and faith have been responded to.

Keep getting stronger and as hard as it might be, don't try to do too
much too soon. It really is not worth it for any one. Number one
priority must be you and no one else. I am sure your mother will
agree you are not too old to get your bottom smacked if you misbehave
and mothers always know (Or so mine keeps telling me!) :-).

Kindest regards

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ