I'm back at home

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Apr 3 20:57:59 IST 2007

Julian Field spake the following on 4/3/2007 10:27 AM:
> Hi folks,
>
> I spent 2 1/2 weeks unconscious in intensive care with 10 monitors, 9
> tubes, a ventilator, 2 nurses and a technician looking after just me, 24
> hours a day. They finally brought me round when I was well enough, and I
> then spent the next 2 weeks learning how breathe, talk, use my hands,
> walk and all the necessary stuff like that.
>
> So I am now back at home, and have my parents living in my house with me
> helping to look after me. We are all getting on fine, and life would be
> really hard if they weren't here. They have fixed everything and cleared
> out all my old junk that I don't want any more, so I now have a nice
> tidy house again with plenty of spare space. I won't be able to find
> anything for a while, but it's really nice to have everything neat and
> tidy again :-)
>
> It's going to be a fair while before I'm up to doing anything to do with
> MailScanner.
>
> This note is basically to send a very big thankyou for all the Get Well
> Soon cards you have sent me from all over the world, along with all the
> emails sending your best wishes too. They are all very much appreciated
> and it really brightened up my day every time someone from work called
> in with some more cards from around the globe. So thank you very much
> for all of them!
>
> So I'm still alive, though it was very touch and go for the first 10
> days, and more or less back in the land of the living. Don't expect any
> more than the odd health update for a while yet though :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Jules.

Great to hear you are back! Take your time getting better, we have been doing
our best to keep things as smooth as possible.
Although there were a few off topic discussions that went a little further
then you would have allowed, things have been holding up the best they can.

When you do finally get back to coding, the ideas will probably be as thick as
thieves, and you won't know where to start.

Just being in your own space again probably feels great!

Best wishes in your recovery,

Scott
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...