IP address reputation, BorderWare

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Apr 3 14:51:00 IST 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Rick Chadderdon wrote:

>> (loghogger: one who feels the need to read every single entry in their log
>> files)
>
> See, this is odd to me.  I'm used to many younger people having no idea of
> what manners are - what rudeness is.  But I have gotten the impression from
> your posts that you're around my age.  A rude behavior is rude whether the
> individual to whom it is directed takes it that way or not.  Do you think
> there needs to be some consensus before something is declared "rude"?  How
> many people need to think something is rude before it actually *is* rude?  Is
> is a percentage of a population?  Please, enlighten me.

Everybody is out to do whats best for their own network, if you said I
think its rude you use an RBL that may or may not list you, is it rude?
NO! its not!

I also do not find it rude for those useing SV that want to ask my smtp,
as *I* understand they are trying to protect their networks and support
any action they take in doing so.

> Your lack of concern - and your rudeness - in this regard even lead you to

there is no need for a concern. you see there is befcause you dont like
one particular method someone takes to prtect THEIR network.

> if you actually cared about the issue.  I am not a "log hogger".  I peruse my
> logs on a regular basis to look for trouble signs, but I don't "read every
> single entry" in those files unless there is a problem I need to track down

Then how the hell else do you know all your data is being consumed by SV.
in fact I *BET* the bytes value of all your posts in this thread hus far
is far more than the total SV's that hit your server in a month.

>> Thats not possible for sanity reasons, eg: hosting customers, sending from
>
> Mmmm...  Oh, I see what you're saying.  No, I meant that the SMTP transaction
> would be modified to be a three-way, probablythree-party handshake.  I think

the same thing as what you are crying about now *shakes head*

> you can figure out what I mean.  If not, let's please continue the discussion
> off-list.  Regardless, nearly all of the reasons that people reject perfectly

theres nothing to discuss, you dont like it and despise those useing it,
I dont care if someone uses it against us as I know they are only trying
to protect their customers from spam, I don't (as yet) do it, but support
those who do use it.

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell know what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/