MailScanner reporting/stats? tools

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Tue Apr 3 02:58:21 IST 2007

Paul Hutchings wrote:
> MailScanner seems to be up and running a treat.
>
> Is there anything that will give me some useful stats/reports?
>
> I'm running MailScanner with Postfix as MTA on OpenSuse.
>
> I'm aware of MailWatch, but it looks a bit of a sod to install/configure
> for a novice tbh.

Logwatch has basic stats.  www.logwatch.org
Be sure to download the latest version rather than using an older one that came with
your distro.

Sample:

MailScanner Status:
  	476 messages Scanned by MailScanner
  	8.0 Total MB
  	386 Spam messages detected by MailScanner
  		374 Spam messages with action(s) delete
  		12 Spam messages with action(s) deliver
  	4 Content Problems found by MailScanner
  	94 Messages delivered by MailScanner