Only a few incoming emails seem to be getting scanned. {Scanned}

Henry Hollenberg hgh at rcwm.com
Fri Sep 29 12:49:38 IST 2006

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 29/09/06, Henry Hollenberg <hgh at rcwm.com> wrote:
> (snip)
>
>> > Have you checked that all the appropriate stuff in postfix has been
>> done...
>> >

>> Ooops!, you were right.  I skipped the postfix steps somehow....
>> I've done them and restarted postfix and mailscanner.....now let's
>> see how it goes....
>

> Ah, that explains it.
>
>> FYI, don't test your boomerang email messages against a MTA that's
>> already set
>> up with MailScanner, it's easy to confuse their MailScanner entries
>> for your own...
>

> Not quite true. If you set your organization details correctly there
> should be no problem whatsoever;-).

For a clever lad such as yourself, I'm sure that's true.  For one that
has to see at least one concrete example...ie see the thing in operation
to understand how the org-names are used....apparently not.

I did see the other orgs name in the headers and recall thinking to
myself, hmmmmm, the mailscanner folks just happen to use the same
acronym as we do at work, what a coincidence.  Something about forests,
trees or snow and blind, not sure which, just  didn't click for some reason.

Thankyou for the tip, it did eventually sink thru my very, very dense skull.

hgh.

--
Henry Hollenberg
hgh at rcwm.com