postfix + mailscanner permission problem in active queue

keith keith at 12345678.org
Fri Sep 29 02:13:26 IST 2006

Thank you for your kindly reply.

I have follow your suggest and change the Mailscanner.conf
------
# Set whether to use postfix, sendmail, exim or zmailer.
# If you are using postfix, then see the "SpamAssassin User State Dir"
# setting near the end of this file
MTA = postfix

#Run As User = mail
#Run As User = postfix
Run As User = postfix

# Group to run as (not normally used for sendmail)
#Run As Group = mail
#Run As Group = postfix
Run As Group = root
-----------------

I seen the problem is fixed, but the maillog have a new error message is this
message below, I checked the /var/spool/postfix is own by postfix and
"SpamAssassin User State Dir" is empty , why still prompt this message ?

Thanks

* New Error Log
Sep 29 08:14:23 smtp-gatewayss MailScanner[19016]: User's home directory
/var/spool/postfix is not writable
Sep 29 08:14:23 smtp-gatewayss MailScanner[19016]: You need to set the
"SpamAssassin User State Dir" to a directory that the "Run As User" can write to
--------

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:11:08 -0700, Scott Silva wrote