SA lint in MailWatch - 158 seconds?!

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 16:44:33 IST 2006

On 28/09/06, Brett Charbeneau <brett at wrl.org> wrote:
> > check you're not ALL the RBL's in SA.
> >
> > Pick a couple and give the rest zero scores in
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf
>
>         Martin! I'm grateful for your taking the time to help out.
>         In doing this I noticed I did not have
>
> lock_method flock
>
>         set in  /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, so that may help too.
>         My mailscanner.cf and spam.assassin.prefs.conf contents are below - am I
> correct in thinking that I'm using only two RBL's? (I've got "ORDB-RBL
> spamhaus.org" for "Spam List =" in MailScanner.conf.)

mailscanner.cf should be a symlink to spam.assassin.prefs.conf...

> mailscanner.cf:
>
> dns_available yes
Could you try disabling this (by commenting it out) so that we get to
see the debug for DNS tests too (and redo the pastebin)?
I've been looking at the SA code just prior to the score set change
(that is taking forever) and can't really see what would take the time
without making a debug output entry. Speaks volumes about my ability
to read OO perl code:-):-).

--
-- Glenn