SA lint in MailWatch - 158 seconds?!

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Thu Sep 28 15:45:55 IST 2006

> check you're not ALL the RBL's in SA.
>
> Pick a couple and give the rest zero scores in
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf

 	Martin! I'm grateful for your taking the time to help out.
 	In doing this I noticed I did not have

lock_method flock

 	set in  /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, so that may help too.
 	My mailscanner.cf and spam.assassin.prefs.conf contents are below - am I
correct in thinking that I'm using only two RBL's? (I've got "ORDB-RBL
spamhaus.org" for "Spam List =" in MailScanner.conf.)

mailscanner.cf:

dns_available yes
use_bayes 0
bayes_path /root/.spamassassin/bayes
bayes_ignore_header X-WRL.ORG-MailScanner
bayes_ignore_header X-WRL.ORG-MailScanner-SpamCheck
bayes_ignore_header X-WRL.ORG-MailScanner-SpamScore
bayes_ignore_header X-WRL.ORG-MailScanner-Information
bayes_auto_expire 0
lock_method flock
use_auto_whitelist 0
pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
rbl_timeout 20
razor_timeout 10
pyzor_timeout 10
envelope_sender_header X-MailScanner-From
urirhssub       URIBL_BLACK  multi.uribl.com.        A   2
body            URIBL_BLACK  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_BLACK')
describe        URIBL_BLACK  Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
tflags          URIBL_BLACK  net
score           URIBL_BLACK  3.0
urirhssub       URIBL_GREY  multi.uribl.com.        A   4
body            URIBL_GREY  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_GREY')
describe        URIBL_GREY  Contains an URL listed in the URIBL greylist
tflags          URIBL_GREY  net
score           URIBL_GREY  0.25

spam.assassin.prefs.conf:

[...]

Brett Charbeneau