ClamAV update log settings

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Sep 27 14:33:56 IST 2006

I just realized that there is a file in my /tmp directory named
ClamAV.update.log. It gets very big over time, and although I have cleaned
this before, I just began wondering about why it is where it is.

I see also that I have a logrotate script for the freshclam log. But it
points to /var/log/clamav/. I could change this to work with the file in
/tmp, but /var/log/ is the usual RH log directory.

So I have been trying to discover why the file is in /tmp. Apparently, the
freshclam.conf file is not being used by update.virus.scanners, as it points
to /var/log/clamav. Is there an option that can be changed somewhere to
remain MS compatible when upgrading, to move this file to /var/log/?

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers