New Installation @ Work

--[UxBoD]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Sun Sep 24 18:58:07 IST 2006

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that :) I trialled the new installation using that and convinced management to install MailScanner into production.  Using a LDAP lookup
against the Notes server and feeding that into Postfix I have reduced the number of SPAM from 26,000 per day down to 4 !

Management are now looking at why they purchased a £60,000 solution ;)

Thanks,

UxBoD

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:55:44 -0400
Steve Swaney <steve.swaney at fsl.com> wrote:

> --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just started a six month contract for a company, and after discussions with the other sys admin we have decided to run a POC to replace
> > the current anti-viri/spam appliance with MailScanner.
> >
> > What I would be grateful with some help on is how I can create a second stream of the companies email to MailScanner from the existing SendMail
> > installation so that we can see how it performs, without effecting the current mail implementation.  I have heard that there is a milter which
> > will allow this, but are there any other methods.
> >
> > We can then use the results to form part of the business case, and hopefully get a full solution implemented.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --[ UxBoD ]--
> > // PGP Key: "curl -s http://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
> > // Fingerprint:     543A E778 7F2D 98F1 3E50  9C1F F190 93E0 E8E8 0CF8
> > // Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                     Key-ID: 0xE8E80CF8
> >

> Look for an application called roundhouse at www.snertsoft.com. It's a
> free download.
>
> Steve
>
> Steve at fsl.com

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s http://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint:     543A E778 7F2D 98F1 3E50  9C1F F190 93E0 E8E8 0CF8
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                     Key-ID: 0xE8E80CF8

believed to be clean.