Greylisting...

Robert Joosten robert at ml.erje.net
Fri Sep 22 20:02:52 IST 2006

Hi

> Just wanted to ask the list if they are using greylisting and if they've
> enountered any problems with using it.

I use http://sqlgrey.sourceforge.net/ v1.6.7 with postfix on freebsd using
mysql as db backend.

It runs great, although there are some things to take into account now
you're greylisting:

- the e-mail flow is no longer that realtime as it was before
- some broken MTA's do queue the mail for much longer than the usual 5 to
  10 minutes. I heard stories quoting 72 hours but to be honest: these are
  the outliers.

But you may already be aware of these side affects ofcourse :-)

Hth.

Regards,
Robert