Problem with rulesets

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 19:28:05 IST 2006

On 22/09/06, Colocation Colocation <telehouse at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Well im pretty sure my GTUBE test is working correctly, it just confirms
> exactly whats happening with normal spam thats hitting my server.
Ok.

>  Its reading the following line fine :
>
>  FromOrTo:       default                 deliver
>
>  However it isnt reading these lines :
>
>  To:     *@domain.com     delete
>
>  I've been editing the rules via my ssh session, anyway i dont use windows,
> OSX all the way :)

Should please the FreeBSD crowd around here:-).

>  Something else i've just noticed, my spamhigh actions arent being picked up
> either.
>
>  High Scoring Spam Actions =
> %rules-dir%/spamhigh.action.rules
>
>  In spamhigh.action rules i have :
>
>  FromOrTo:       default 20
>
>  And its marking stuff as high scoring spam when its under 20.
Ok, well ... that is wrong. The rulesets need end up with the allowed
settings for the paticular variable, and "20" simply isn't one of
them... See http://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#High%20Scoring%20Spam%20Actions

What you want to do is set that ruleset for
http://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#High%20SpamAssassin%20Score

I'll have to agree with Kevin, something is fishy about how your "low
scoring" spam actions are functioning... I suppose OSX has left the
abominable <CR> line-ending in the dust...:-):-).

Cheers (yeah, slightly into my cups...:-)
--
-- Glenn