Problem with exim + mailscanner

Jim Holland mailscanner at mango.zw
Tue Sep 19 23:23:13 IST 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Javier Martinez wrote:

> Actually I pinged the site, and times are ok:
>
> PING 200.17.209.129 (200.17.209.129) 56(84) bytes of data.
> 64 bytes from 200.17.209.129: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=309 ms
> 64 bytes from 200.17.209.129: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=244 ms
> 64 bytes from 200.17.209.129: icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=224 ms
>

> All sites wich I'm having the problem stops in MAIL FROM, is there any
> way to try to wait for more time the answer? I did it manually and I
> could sent email.
>
> J.

I have tried connecting to the server from here and don't see any problem.

Have you tried manually telneting yourself?  eg:

# telnet 200.17.209.129 25
Trying 200.17.209.129...
Connected to 200.17.209.129.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 fisica.ufpr.br ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
ehlo pegaso.fisica.unam.mx
250-fisica.ufpr.br
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE
250-ETRN
250 8BITMIME
mail from:<listas at pegaso.fisica.unam.mx>
250 Ok
rcpt to:<someuser at fisica.ufpr.br>

If the delay is after the "mail from:" part then is it possible that they
are doing sender verification and can't connect back to your server to
verify the sender?

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service