Failed to link message body between queues

Vlad Mazek vlad at mazek.com
Tue Sep 19 22:03:28 IST 2006

Scott Silva wrote:
> Vlad Mazek spake the following on 9/19/2006 9:28 AM:
>
>> I have recent versions of MailScanner and sendmail and recently switched
>> to tmpfs for my /var/spool/mail* and MailScanner stuff.
>>
>> I keep on getting these messages from time to time in my maillog:
>> Failed to link message body between queues
>>
>> Have not found much on Google, anybody encounter this before?
>>
>> -Vlad
>>
> Are you sure you want your /var/spool/mail* on tmpfs?
> I only have /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming on tmpfs, because the rest should
> be consistent across a reboot.

Yeah, I would. This is a gateway box and I'm not having much luck with
disk I/O and wanted to move some of that into tmpfs. The reliability has
been pretty impressive but I have not seen a big improvement with
MailScanner since moving the working directory to tmpfs, I'm still
getting killed on disk by sendmail.

-Vlad