Query about rulset

jay shi jayesha_shinde at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 11:02:54 IST 2006

Thanks James,
            as per ur guidance the domain wise spam
mail rule is now working. But for Archive Mail's rule,
i am still confuse. i put the folowing rulset, for
Archive Mail == %rules-dir%/archive.rules
cat /etc/MailScanner/rules/archive.rules
From: *@abc.com and To: *@tech.com deliver
backup at abc.com
FromorTo  default  deliver
          But this above matching condition with "and"
is not delivering mails to backup at abc.com
         Any help or suggession for the above.

Thanks & Regards
Jayesh

> Hi
>     I am using sendmail with multidomain by
> sendmail-8.12.11-4.6 + mailscanner-4.55.10-3. Both
are working good.I am having the query about the
rulset of Archive Mail =
> High Scoring Spam Actions =
> My Requirement  :--
> -------------
>     1) suppose i have domain abc.com & xyz.com &
> pqr.com When any user from abc.com send a mail to
any
> user of tech.com one copy of mail should forward to
> backup at abc.com. Where tech.com is external domain on
> internet. For this i made setting as followes in
> /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
> Archive Mail = %rules-dir%/archive.rules
> cat /etc/MailScanner/rules/archive.rules
> From: *@abc.com  To: *@tech.com  deliver
> backup at abc.com
>
> Is the above rule set correct for this condition??

>Close :) Put "and" between the From and To parts,
like >this:
>From: *@abc.com and To: *@tech.com deliver

>http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?
>id=documentation:configuration:rulesets:examples&s=rules

>Specifically the 8th example near the bottom.

>     2) I am getting spam for my all domain, so for
> High
> Scoring Spam Actions my current setting is followes
in
> MailScanner.conf
> High Scoring Spam Actions = spam at localhost
> Now i want to sort out the spam  mails
domain-wise.So
> i write the rule as followes in
> /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
> High Scoring Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/spam.rules
> cat /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.rules
> FromorTo: *@abc.com    spamabc at abc.com
> FromorTo: *@xyz.com    spamxyz at xyz.com
> FromorTo: *@pqr.com    spampqr at abc.com

>"Spam Actions" must be one the following:
>deliver
>delete
>store
>forward user at domain.com
>striphtml
>attachment
>notify
>header "name: value"

>As your rules have an action that is purely an e-mail
>address, I can
>only assume this is defaulting to the "forward"
>action.  So, to
>achieve what I think you are attempting, you'd need a
>spam.rules file
>like this:

>FromOrTo:  *@abc.com    forward  spamabc at abc.com
>FromOrTo:  *@xyz.com    forward  spamxyz at xyz.com
>FromOrTo:  *@pqr.com    forward  spampqr at pqr.com
>FromOrTo:  default      deliver

>This will simply forward the spam message,
unmodified, >to
>spam<domain>@<domain>.com.  I don't know if that is
>what you want,
>but you can always combine actions like this:

>FromOrTo:  *@abc.com    notify store forward
>spamabc at abc.com
>FromOrTo:  *@xyz.com    notify store forward
>spamxyz at xyz.com
>FromOrTo:  *@pqr.com    notify store forward
>spampqr at pqr.com
>FromOrTo:  default      deliver

>notify  = let the intended recipient know a message
>wasn't delivered
>store   = quarantine the message (in case the
>recipient wants it later)
>forward = forward the message to user at domain

>The default (catch all) rule applies when none of the
>other rules do
>and will simply deliver the message unaltered.

>Have a read of this for more info:
>http://mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#High%20Scoring%

20Spam%20Actions