per-user mcp rules

Renee Gehlbach krgehlba at lexairinc.com
Fri Sep 15 17:45:20 IST 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to finish setting up a new mail server.  It is running
mailscanner v. 4.54 with sendmail v. 8.12 on FreeBSD v. 6.1.  I am
attempting to set up mcp with different settings for different users,
to please different people.  (The owner's wife gets upset if anything
off-color reaches her mailbox, whereas the engineers need a much
higher tolerance as some of their technical terms would be considered
dirty in other contexts.  Not to mention that I'd ruin a lot of
people's days if their jokes had to fall into the same level of
decency as the owner's wife wants to have in her mailbox, although
that is not the primary consideration.)

I have set up rules for mcp actions and mcp high scoring actions
based on ToCc: matches, which in general seems to work fairly
well.  However, when there are multiple recipients, the first rule
that any of the recipients matches is the rule used for that message,
which defeats the purpose of having individualized rules in the first
place.  Does anyone know a way around this problem?  I've seen
instructions for postfix users on how to split messages with multiple
recipients into multiple messages with one recipient, but have not
been able to find similar instructions for sendmail.

Renee