bayes not sure of use

Philippe Delodder lodder at delodder.be
Thu Sep 14 09:14:18 IST 2006

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Philippe Delodder wrote:
>> I have actived bayes in the spam.assassin.prefs.conf, but I don't see it
>> in the MailScanner-SpamCheck.
>>
>> Is this normal I use Mailscanner 4.55.10 with postfix 2.2.10 and
>> spamassassin 3.0.6
>
> The bayes database must have some training data to populate its
> database of keywords and their probabilities.  It needs to see
> some examples of spam messages and some examples of non-spam,
> at least 200 of each.  Until it has enough training data,
> it will not put a score on any message.
>
> In the default configuration, training of the bayes database
> happens automatically: messages with very low or high scores
> (based on all the other rules) are fed to it.  So, you can
> just wait for a while and eventually it should see enough ham
> and enough spam messages to build up training data and should
> start working on its own.
>
> If you want to get it working sooner (or if you want to correct
> mistakes it has made), you can train it with the "sa-learn"
> command.
>
> "sa-learn --dump magic" will tell you how many spam and
> ham messages you've seen so far.  Look for the "nham" and
> "nspam" rows in the output.
>
>    - Logan

I have a large db of bayes:
[root at dionysus ~]# sa-learn -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
- --dump magic
0.000          0          3          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000          0       2037          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0       1150          0  non-token data: nham
0.000          0     273812          0  non-token data: ntokens
0.000          0 1051647943          0  non-token data: oldest atime
0.000          0 1158174730          0  non-token data: newest atime
0.000          0 1158199340          0  non-token data: last journal sync
atime
0.000          0 1158166029          0  non-token data: last expiry atime
0.000          0          0          0  non-token data: last expire atime
delta
0.000          0          0          0  non-token data: last expire
reduction count

And i still don't see it :( so i don't think this is the problem pls help
me further

- --
Philippe Delodder
lodder at delodder.be